Sell a car, truck, or SUV
We can show you how to sell your vehicle fast and easy! Your classified ad will appear here on UsedCars.biz, and on dozens of other web sites! Click the link below.
Steps to sell your car
Selling your car can be a long and drawn out process if done the wrong way. Save yourself some time and money by following the steps below:
- Research the value before you place a classified ad. Too high a price will scare people away.
- Take into consideration the mileage, condition, and the records you have kept. People will be more willing to buy a car if you kept good records of all maintenance.
- When arriving at an asking price look at several online sources and get an average cost. Most sites use different databases for pricing information and your best price is an average from all of the sites.
- When writing your ad, make sure to include the basics: make, model, color, price, mileage, phone number, and best time to contact you. Adding OBO (Or Best Offer) after the selling price may get you a few more responses since the buyer will know you are flexible.
- Clean your car before anyone comes to see it. Make sure you sweep out the interior and clean any spots from the carpet and upholstery. Also a good coat of wax would not hurt. Consider going to a reputable detailing business to have the car cleaned. This can literally add hundreds of dollars to the resale value.
- If you have an extended warranty on your car, check if it’s transferable. This can ease a seller’s mind and possibly make the sale.
- You must use online advertising to reach the largest audience possible. It really makes a difference that you can include photographs, and the longer space for describing your used truck or car allows you to be more detailed and accurate. Including a description of any faults or damage on the car helps buyers make an honest decision. Good luck!
—Kevin Schappell maintains Autoeducation.com where he gives advice on car maintenance, buying, selling, insurance, and financing. A mechanical engineer and car guy, Kevin has decided to spend his online time helping others learn about automobiles.